AIP Permit for the Acquisition
An AIP Permit for the Acquisition of Immovable Property* A permit will not be granted if applicant has already acquired immovable property is Malta, except in certain designated areas; other conditions also apply.
- This presupposes a change of ordinary residence if the purchaser is not already a resident of Malta.
- This would typically include holiday homes where there is no charge of ordinary residence.
- Minimum value of property depending on the type of property.
- Restrictions apply to properties of historical interest.
- Property purchased must be destined:
- for personal residential use of applicant only.
- for other purposes approved by Government,
- for an approved industrial or tourist project, or
- for any other project or purpose which is considered to contribute to the development of Maltese economy.
- Foreign origin of funds.
- Resale of property restricted to Maltese residents.